MIDA Client Admins can provide iBooks to its users.
Only files in .pdf, .epub or .iBooks are supported.
The iBooks can be found in the iBooks App (Books) on an iOS device.
No sensitive data should be distributed as iBooks(books) cannot be managed through MDM.
Open iBooks, the currently provided iBooks are displayed.
|Title:||The title of the iBook assigned during creation.|
|Format:||Format of the file|
|Author:||Author specified when creating.|
|Added on:||Creation date|
|Installed devices:||On how many devices is the iBook installed?|
|Label:||Assigned Label. Devices in this label are assigned the iBook|
|Size:||File size (in MB)|
- Select „Add iBook“ button > From File.
- File: Click Browse to select a file.
- Assign title and author and select the file format of the file.
- Select one or more labels to which the iBook should be distributed.
After saving, the iBook is first deposited in MIDA, but also immediately in MI Core. This also sends the iBook directly to the devices assigned to the label(s).
Check the iBook to be edited in. The Actions button becomes active.
- Delete the iBook: This removes the iBook from MIDA, the MI Core and also the devices.
- Add label: This is used to add another label to the iBook
- Delete Label: This is used to remove labels from the iBook. This will also remove the iBook from the devices in the label. Instead of removing the last label, the iBook should be deleted.
More details about the iBook Sync parameters are listed in Chapter MIDA Configuration Parameter.