The User needs to download the App from the App Store or Enterprise App Store.
04.1. Call Identification Extension (iOS / iPadOS only)
After launching the app for the first time, users will see a welcome message and then be able to define whether they can identify incoming calls or not (allow or disable call identification) – which is a very useful feature. If users disable call identification they won’t be able to receive any information on incoming calls. This setting can be changed later in the app settings.
EBF Contacts will secure data with an encrypted password which the user defines when using the app for the first time. Depending on the device type the user will be able to use biometrics (Face ID/Touch ID).
- There is no way to change/recover the password!
- The encryption is only for security purposes on your device.
- Since EBF Contacts is a read-only application, there is no data loss.
04.3.1. Cloud Application (Exchange O365)
EBF Contacts will show the authentication screen provided by Exchange O365. Users are able to login with their O365 credentials and authenticate with O365.
Please make sure to provide the needed permissions on definition of the Application ID.
04.3.2. Exchange On-Premise 2016 and above
EBF Contacts will show a login screen. Users are able to log in with their credentials and authenticate with the On-Premise Server.
04.4. Main contact page
On the EBF Contacts main page users can see:
- Search bar
- Profile images (if activated)
- Full name of contacts
- Job title according to Exchange
The main page offers the possibility to search contacts by:
- Display name
- First name
- Email address
- Phone number
04.4.2. Advanced Search
By clicking on “Advanced Search” at the main page, users are able to make custom searches with given criteria like:
- Job title
04.5. Settings page
The Settings page contains useful information. The user can customize some of the settings depending on the administrator’s predefinitions.
- Registered for: Company name
- Endpoint: Exchange URL (On-Premise) or Exchange O365 (Cloud)
- Logged in: Connection status
- Face ID/Touch ID: Users can activate or deactivate biometrics to login (depending on the device type)
- Call Directory Extension: Users can allow or disable to identify callers
- Enabled: Users can enable or disable synchronization
- Mobile Data: Users can enable or disable mobile data usage to be used for data sync
- Interval: This option controls the synchronization interval
- Clear local data: Users can discard all locally stored contact data and start with a fresh data sync
- Language: Users can choose German or English
- Show contact images: Users can activate or deactivate to display contact images provided by Exchange
- Show images only in detail view: Users can activate or deactivate to view contact images only in the contact detail view
When clicking on “Sign Out”, users will be logged out and all data will be cleared. Sign out can be used, for example, when handing a device over to another user. The new user needs to set a new encryption password and login again once opening the app again.
04.6. Contact detail page
The contact detail page shows detailed information and offers to take different actions:
- Contact profile image (if activated)
- Full name
- Company name
- Job title
- Email address
- Business phone and mobile phone number
- Manager (if available): By clicking on the manager, the contact details of the manager will be shown.
Users can initiate actions by clicking on the appropriate icons:
- Send an SMS
- Initiate a call (native or MS Teams)
- Start a video call (Facetime or MS Teams)
- Send an email