- 09.1. EBF Onboarder dashboard
- 09.2. Migration project dashboard
- 09.3. Reports
Administrators can follow the status of a migration project easily. Depending on the project progress, they can take actions to drive the migration forward.
09.1. EBF Onboarder dashboard
The dashboard of the EBF Onboarder gives you an overview about the progress of all migration projects. You access the dashboard, once you login to the EBF Onboarder platform.
In the header, the number of all active migration projects of your tenant and the number of licenses still available is summarized.
The boxes below, summarize the status of each migration project – with the number of devices included and the percentage of devices which are already migrated.
A popup will provide several statistics including the date and time, and also the instance for support reasons:
- Frist bar: Number of migration projects (including the deleted projects)
- Second bar: Number of deleted projects only
- Blue color: Devices migrated and confirmed in the target system
- Green color: Devices migrated, but not confirmed in the target system
- Yellow color: Invited devices
- Grey color: Devices (not users)
Explanation of the table:
|All = Migration projects (including the deleted projects)||Deleted = Deleted projects|
|Users/Grey color||Number of devices (not users) in all projects||Number of devices (not users) in deleted projects|
|Invited/Yellow color||Number of invited devices in all projects||Number of invited devices in deleted projects|
|Done/Green color||Number of devices migrated, but not confirmed in the target system in all projects||Number of devices migrated, but not confirmed in the target system in deleted projects|
|Confirmed/Blue color||Number of devices migrated and confirmed in the target system in all projects||Number of devices migrated and confirmed in the target system in deleted projects|
|1 reminders||First reminders sent to devices in all projects||First reminders sent to devices in deleted projects|
|2 reminders||Second reminders sent to devices in all projects||Second reminders sent to devices in deleted projects|
|3 reminders||Third reminders sent to devices in all projects||Third reminders sent to devices in deleted projects|
|More reminders||Further reminders sent to devices in all projects||Further reminders sent to devices in deleted projects|
NOTE: You can use the link “export as csv file” to export the table as a CSV file.
09.2. Migration project dashboard
For each migration project, you can get further details about the migration progress through a migration project dashboard:
Go to the EBF Onboarder dashboard and click on ‘Migration Details’:
General information about the status of your migration can be found in the header:
- The number of devices migrated compared to the total number of devices of the migration project
- The project progress in percent
- The total number of devices included in the migration project
Detailed information about each device are shown in a list. You can see the associated user’s email address, the device name and serial number for each device. And there is a colored icon in the right column which illustrates the migration status. Read more about that in chapter 09.2.1.
09.2.1. Graphic and mouse-over information
There is a colored icon in the right column which illustrates the migration status. When you hover your mouse over the icon, you will see more information for the corresponding device.
ATTENTION for Microsoft Intune as a target system: Please read the separate document to learn more about this. You can find it here.
|Color||Status||Invitation sent||Invitation received||Retiring Succeeded||App Store Redirection Succeeded||Pop-up|
|Light Grey||User Not Informed: |
This device was not selected for receiving an invitation.
|x||x||x||x||The pop-up confirms that no invitation was sent yet.|
|Dark Grey||Mail Queued: |
The invitation is pending to be sent.
This can take up to 15 minutes.
|.||x||x||x||The pop-up provides the timestamp of the sending date of the last invitation sent.|
|Yellow||Pending, User Informed:|
The device should have received the invitation by email or notification and the user can start the migration at any time from the device.
|.||.||x||x||The pop-up provides the timestamp of the sending date of the last invitation sent.|
The user started the migration, but the migration failed. For example, it lost power during the retiring process or was not able to retire from the source MDM. The issue must be fixed and the migration must be restarted with the EBF Onboarder, so that the user can continue the migration.
|.||.||x||x||The pop-up provides the timestamp of the sending date of the last invitation sent.|
The user has started the migration, but the device migration was interrupted after retiring the device. The user was not sent to the App Store. The issue (e.g. loss of network, loss of access to the browser, migration start from a laptop) must be fixed and the migration must be restarted with the EBF Onboarder, so that the user can continue the migration.
|.||.||.||x||The pop-up provides the timestamp of the sending date of the last invitation sent and the retiring date.|
When automatic reminders are set, this device will receive a reminder with the status ‘partially complete’ (see chapter 05.2.2) which is targeting this situation.
The user went through the migration process and the device was redirected to the App Store to install or open the registration App of its UEM target system.
|.||.||.||.||The pop-up provides the timestamp of the sending date of the last invitation sent, the date of the redirection to the App Store and the retiring date.|
NOTE: The number which appears in the middle of the circle of the status icon explains how often a device received an invitation or reminder. For example, a yellow circle with a ‘2’ means that the device was notified twice and did not start the migration yet. A green circle with a ‘2’ means that the device received the invitation twice before the migration was started and successfully completed.
09.2.2. Check mark information
There are two types of check marks which indicate the status of the device on the source or target system:
- There are check marks which refer to the status of the device detected on the source system (before the migration has started, presented with faded colors):
- There are check marks which refer to the status of the device detected on the target system (when the migration has started or when the device was detected on the target system for registration, presented with bright colors):
NOTE: Only the blue check mark (Registered (Status Cached)) will be shown automatically in the list. If you want to get an information about the other statuses, you need to click on ‘Fetch Status’ on top of the list.
ATTENTION for Microsoft Intune as a target system: Please read the separate document in addition to this one to learn more about this. You can find it here.
|Check Mark||Description||Migration started|
|The device is not detected on the source system anymore, has received 5 messages (invitation and reminder messages) and has not been detected on the source system since days.||x|
|The device has received 5 messages (invitation and reminder messages) and is still registered on the source system. It has never started the migration.||x|
|The device was confirmed as registered at 17:26 and the welcome message was sent by the EBF Onboarder to the user’s email address at 18:36.|
The blue check mark confirms that the device has been registered on the target system and the pop-up provides a timestamp for this (cached).
|The device was confirmed as registered (the last SyncDateTime is the date of the registration). But the welcome message was not sent to the device yet as the so-called Check Worker only checks once per hour whether a device is already detected on the target system. As soon as the Check Worker checks the presence and finds the device, the welcome message will be sent and the status will change to blue. The last notification received was an invitation/reminder message.||.|
The EBF Onboarder provides two types of reports which provide an overview about the migration progress, and which can be analyzed with other tools.
09.3.1. Active migrations
You can download CSV files and a log file with details for all active migration projects.
To do that, go to the EBF Onboarder dashboard and click on ‘Download’:
NOTE: The CSV files may use the ‘;’ separator instead of the comma ‘,’. So you must change the formatting when importing the data for your file.
Summary as CSV file
You can export a summary by clicking on ‘Export summary as CSV file’. This file will display each active migration of your dashboard in one row and provide information such as:
- The type, host and group/label of the source system (sourceType, sourceHost, sourceSelection)
- The type and host of the target system (targetType, targetHost)
- The total number of devices (userCount)
- The total number of devices which have started to migrate (startedCount)
- The total number of successfully migrated devices (doneCount)
Details of all projects as CSV file
You can export a detailed report by clicking on ‘Export details of all projects’. This file will display all active migration projects with several details including the status of all devices of your whole instance. It will allow you to conduct deeper analysis.
It will take almost 10 seconds before the download starts and the download itself will also require some time, depending on the number of migration projects. You will see an empty page in your browser with a command line while gathering the information. The file can be up to 30 MB.
You can export audit logs for all admin actions and system entries by clicking on ‘Audit logs’ (limited to the last 5000 entries). This file will display all actions done by administrators accessing your instance and also some system actions. For example, you can see if a migration is confirmed in Intune or if a SMTP sending limitation is detected.
09.3.2. Single migration project
You can download CSV files with further details for a single migration project.
To do that, go to the migration project dashboard and click on ‘Download’:
A popup which allows you to choose from two options will be displayed. These options are described below:
Project report as CSV file
You can export a summary by clicking on ‘Full report as CSV file’.
The downloaded file starting with ‘ProjectDetails-<ProjektID>’ will for each device provide information such as:
- An information if the device was notified (notified)
- An information when the migration was created for this device (created)
- An information how many reminders were sent to the device (reminders)
- The user ID (userid)
- The device ID of the source system (deviceId)
- An information if a device was migrated successfully (done)
- The phone number of the device (phoneNo)
- An information if this is a company owned or BYOD device (employeeOwned)
- The email address (eMail)
- The serial number (deviceSerial)
- The device model (deviceIdentifier)
- The device ID of the target system (targetDeviceId)
- The number for the position of the device in the project (selIndex)
- EBF Onboarder internal device user ID (ID)
- The ID of the migration set (projectID)
- An information if the device was sent to the App Store for getting its registration App for the new UEM target (notifiedApps)
- The time of the checkin at the target system (checkin)
- The start migration link (link)
- A counter for devices that are present in the migration project (one for each device) to display used/free licenses (cnt)
- The steps of the migration process such as ‘REGISTER’ or ‘RETIRE’ (action) and its success (result)
- Time/date when the device performed migration actions (created)
- The performed action (action)
- The ID of the action (actionID)
- Information about the performed steps – like retired, ‘manually set done by (message)
- There will be several rows for one device – one for each step of the migration progress.
- Instead of an email address there may be a serial number or IMEI in the list. This allows a more precise filtering which is especially useful if a user has several devices.
Another file starting with ‘ProjectMails-<ProjektID>’ will provide you with a list of messages sent to the user per device with date-time for the invitation, all reminders and the welcome message (if the option was selected).
NOTE: The ID of the device in the ‘ProjectDetails-<ProjektID>’ file is the ‘UserID’ in the ‘ProjectMails-<ProjektID>’ file. If the second file is not downloaded, please check the popup blocker of your browser.
List of serial numbers
You can export a list of serial numbers which you can use to manage DEP, for example, by clicking on ‘List on Serial Numbers’.
The downloaded file ‘serialNumbers-<ProjectID>’ will only contain the serial numbers for the devices of this migration project.